Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Meet Cheap Bait - Sara S

Name: Sara S

Age: 29 bahahaha no really it’s 38

Relay Name: Mountain Goat or Goat 

Hometown: Wilmington, NC

Current: Raleigh, NC 

Have you ever done this before? Yes, I did the Tuna Run last year for the first time

What are you looking forward to the most? The silly antics and camaraderie of our team and a good Bloody Mary at the end

What are you looking forward to the least? The lack of sleep

What should your van mates know about you before hand?  I have a pretty sick sense of humor and may not always be politically correct. I also hate rude people so don’t piss me off or your toothbrush may get swirled in a toilet (just kidding I wouldn’t do that to my friends). I like a good challenge, which is why I like to run hills.


Scrappy, like a goat!  Or maybe scrape-ey

How long have you been a runner?  Maybe 12 years. I started to run to get into shape and then did a 5k and it’s been uphill (and yes I love a good hill) ever since. Last year I started doing triathlons and really like the challenge of 3 sports.

Favorite gear: Balega socks-I have way too many. Headsweats visor-I always wear one as I hate sweat in my eyes. Running Shoes because who wants to run barefoot. Right now my favorite shoes are my Brooks Glycerin and my Hoka One One.

What is your favorite color? Pink but I love all colors except maybe dookie brown

Do you have any children/pets? Yes, 21 month old named Sophie (she’s a human although sometimes she acts like a crazed animal). 2 Corgis, Pippa and Murphy. 2 chickens, Henrietta and Edith.  If I could con my husband into it I would have a bunny, goat, and bees in my backyard and a horse.
Making a friend during last year's Tuna Run
 
What's your favorite food? Indian-Chicken Tikka. It’s my favorite food before a long run and yes I have a stomach of steel.

Hobbies: Knitting (no I am not 80), running-duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment